Ref. Ares(2017)969381 - 22/02/2017
DIRECTORATE-GENERAL FOR AGRICULTURE AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT
Directorate I. Legal, institutional and procedural matters
I/NSV/I.3/KVK/VA D(2017) 1030025
By registered letter with acknowledgment of
Mr Niall Sargent,
Advance copy by email :
[FOI #3946 email]
Your application for access to documents – Ref GestDem No 2017/584
We refer to your e-mail dated 30/01/2017 in which you make a request for access to
documents, registered on 01/02/2017 under the above mentioned reference number.
You request access to "Documents created from 1 January 2016 - present in relation to
the Proposal for an Effort Sharing Regulation 2021-2030:
· Correspondence between European Commissioner for Agriculture and Rural
Development, Phil Hogan and the Irish government’s Minister for the Department of
Communications, Climate Action and Environment (DCCAE), Denis Naughten in
relation to the proposal;
· Correspondence between Phil Hogan and Aidan O'Driscoll, Secretary General of the
Irish government’s Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine (DAFM) in relation
to the proposal.
· Correspondence between Phil Hogan and Michael Creed, the Minister for DAFM in
Ireland in relation to the proposal;
· Correspondence between staff of the European Commission's Directorate-General for
Agriculture and Rural Development (DG AGRI) and the Irish government’s DCCAE
AND/OR DAFM in relation to the proposal;
· Correspondence between Phil Hogan and the President and/or Director General of the
Irish Farmers Association (IFA), in relation to the proposal;
· Correspondence between staff of DG AGRI and the IFA in relation to the proposal;
· A copy of the diary/agenda of Commissioner Phil Hogan covering the two-month
period prior to each Inter-Service Consultation on the ESR proposal;
Commission européenne/Europese Commissie, 1049 Bruxelles/Brussel, BELGIQUE/BELGIË - Tel. +32 22991111
· Input of the DG AGRI for each Inter-Service Consultation on the ESR proposal."
We regret to inform you that no documents were found that would correspond to the
description given in your application. As regards DG AGRI reply to the ISC you requested,
note that it was a reply "with no comment" and therefore with no document needed.
Indeed, as specified in Article 2(3) of Regulation 1049/2001, the right of access as
defined in that regulation applies only to existing documents in the possession of the
Given that no such documents have been identified, the Commission is not in a position
to handle your request.
In accordance with Article 7(2) of Regulation 1049/2001, you are entitled to make a
confirmatory application requesting the Commission to review this position.
Such a confirmatory application should be addressed within 15 working days upon receipt
of this letter to the Secretary-General of the Commission at the following address:
Transparency unit SG-B-4
or by email to: [Emailadresse]
Electronically signed on 22/02/2017 16:23 (UTC+01) in accordance with article 4.2 (Validity of electronic documents) of Commission Decision 2004/563