Dear European Police Office,
Under the right of access to documents in the EU treaties, as developed in Regulation 1049/2001, I am requesting documents which contain the following information:
All data on the handling of access to documents requests by Europol for the years 2012-2017, both inclusive. If the data for the year 2017 is currently being processed and is therefore not yet ready for publication, then the data for the years 2012-2016 should do.
I am looking specifically for broken down data, per year, on:
- number of initial access to documents applications and types of outcome (full access, partial access, refusal, etc);
- number of confirmatory applications and types of outcome;
- number of complaints to the European Ombudsman on Europol's application of Regulation 1049/2001;
- number of cases brought before the EU Courts on Europol's application of the Regulation;
- application of the exceptions laid out in Article 4 of the Regulation in case of partial access or refusal;
- documents most frequently requested; and
- application of deadline extensions.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any clarification in regards to any aspect of my request.
Thank you in advance.