Under the right of access to documents in the EU treaties, as developed in Regulation 1049/2001, I am requesting documents which contain the following information:
- Any correspondence between DG Energy and outside stakeholders concerning the current recast of the Renewable Energy Directive and palm oil
- any correspondence between DG Energy and other DG’s including Cabinets concerning the current recast of the Renewable Energy Directive and palm oil
- A list of meetings that have taken place between DG Energy and outside stakeholders on the current recast of the RED and palm oil
- minutes of the following meetings:
- 12 April 2018 Miguel Angel SAGREDO FERNANDEZ with Equinor ASA
- 12 February 2018 Miguel Arias Cañete with Neste
- 1 March 2018 Maria Cristina Lobillo Borrero with Maria Cristina Lobillo Borrero
- 9 February 2018 Maria Cristina Lobillo Borrero with ACCIONA, S.A.
- 24 April 2017 Miguel Arias Cañete with RENEWABLE ENERGY GROUP (REGI)
- 21 November 2016 Pierre Schellekens with Kreab
- 21 October Miguel Arias Cañete with European Biodiesel Board (EBB)
- 13 October 2016 Yvon Slingenberg with Neste
- 11 October 2016 Yvon Slingenberg with Miltton Brussels SPRL, (Miltton)
Sunshine Kaidi (Finland), New Energy Co. Oy(Kaidi Finland)
- 5 October 2016 Yvon Slingenberg with Brazilian Sugarcane Industry Association (UNICA), Fleishman-Hillard
-21 June 2016 Yvon Slingenberg with SPBI Service AB (SPBI)
-12 November 2015 Yvon Slingenberg with Teneo cabinet DN (Teneo cabinet DN)
-17 March 2015 Miguel Arias Cañete with COPA COGECA
-11 March 2015 Gonzalo de Mendoza Asensi and Miguel Arias Cañete with Neste
-9 March 2015 Yvon Slingenberg with Neste
-11 December 2014 Yvon Slingenberg with Novozymes
This request covers all correspondence and meetings since the beginning of the legislature.
Transport & Environment
Square de Meeus,18
1050 Brussels, Belgium
Ares(2018)2965183 - Your request for access to documents - Gestdem
2018/3106 - Correspondence and meetings concerning the Renewable Energy
Sent by ve_sg.accessdoc (SG) <[DG ENER request email]>. All responses have
to be sent to this email address.
Envoyé par ve_sg.accessdoc (SG) <[DG ENER request email]>. Toutes les
réponses doivent être effectuées à cette adresse électronique.
Thank you for your e-mail dated 04/06/2018. We hereby acknowledge receipt
of your application for access to documents, which was registered on
06/06/2018 under reference number GestDem 2018/3106.
In accordance with Regulation (EC) No 1049/2001 regarding public access to
European Parliament, Council and Commission documents, your application
will be handled within 15 working days. The time limit will expire on
27/06/2018. In case this time limit needs to be extended, you will be
informed in due course.
You have lodged your application via the AsktheEU.org website. Please note
that this is a private website which has no link with any institution of
the European Union. Therefore the European Commission cannot be held
accountable for any technical issues or problems linked to the use of this
Please note also that the European Commission is not responsible for any
possible processing of personal data by the private organisation running
the AsktheEU.org website, through which you have channelled your request.
ACCESS TO DOCUMENTS TEAM (GD)
SG B.4 – Transparency
Dear Ms Wittkopp,
We refer to your e-mail dated 04/06/2018 in which you make a request for
access to documents, registered on 06/06/2018 under the above mentioned
Your application is currently being handled. However, we will not be in a
position to complete the handling of your application within the time
limit of 15 working days, which expires on 27/06/2018.
An extended time limit is needed as the answer to your request will
include documents originated from third parties which have to be consulted
Therefore, we have to extend the time limit with 15 working days in
accordance with Article 7(3) of Regulation (EC) No 1049/2001 regarding
public access to documents. The new time limit expires on 18/07/2018.
We apologise for this delay and for any inconvenience this may cause.
European Commission – DG Energy
Unit ENER.A.1 - Energy Policy Coordination
ENER ACCESS DOCUMENTS
Phone: +32 2 29 80503
Email: [email address]
Dear Ms Wittkopp,
Enclosed please find an advance copy of our reply:
Access to Documents team
Directorate-General for Climate Action
Av. de Beaulieu 24
Dear Ms Wittkopp,
Hereto attached you will find a series of documents:
- correspondence between different stakeholder and Commissioner
Arias Cañete related to several meeting held between 2014 and 2018
- correspondence between DG Energy and outside stakeholders
concerning the current recast of the Renewable Energy Directive and palm
As some of these documents were received by the Commission from third
parties, it is indeed disclosed for information only.
It does not necessarily reflect the position of the Commission and cannot
be quoted as such.
Please note that, due to the wide scope of your request, and after further
analyses, we are likely be able to send you more.
We already apologise for the delay.
Anne Béatrice Dethier
Directorate General for Energy
Renewables and CCS Policy Unit
thank you for this first batch of documents. When do you think you can provide me with more? You mentioned that they would come on a rolling basis.