Dear European Parliament,
Under the right of access to documents in the EU treaties, as developed in Regulation 1049/2001, I am requesting access to:
All documents generated or received by the European Parliament containing legal advice and/or analysis of the legality of the actions to be carried out by the EU and its Member States in implementing the actions set out in the statement on the agreement reached with Turkey at the summit held on 18 March 2016 (statement here: http://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/press/...). I am interested in documents drawn up both before and since the meeting was held, to date.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any clarification in regards to any aspect of my request.
Thank you in advance.
Access Info Europe
Our Ref.: (2016)5458
Dear Ms Izuzquiza,
In reply to your request and as a complement to the answer provided to your earlier request on the same subject (our ref.: A(2016)3719) please note that,
- as regards Parliament’s political assessment, the debate with Council President Donald Tusk and Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker has (as anounced in the previous reply) taken place during the plenary session on Wednesday 13 April (http://www.europarl.europa.eu/sides/getD...). A resolution has been adopted (you may find the preliminary version here: http://www.europarl.europa.eu/sides/getD... as well as the resp. LIBE Committee dossier: http://bit.ly/1VMszhz).
- A press release provides further information on Parliament’s debate: http://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/it/ne... .
- In his speech at the European Council of 17 March President Schulz also pointed to Parliament’s assessment of the EU-Turkey statement:
- the European Commission's Vice-President addressed Parliament on 28 April on the issue of "Legal aspects, democratic control and implementation of the EU-Turkey agreement". You may watch VP Timmerman's speech in video streaming : http://www.europarl.europa.eu/sides/getV... and the debate here: http://www.europarl.europa.eu/plenary/en...
Parliament's press release on the debate can be found here: http://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/ne...
You find the Commission's press release on the speech here: http://ec.europa.eu/commission/2014-2019...
- Parliament's research services have published a summary of research on the issue: http://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegData/et...
- the European Commission has published a list of FAQ dealing predominantly with the legal aspect of the EU-Turkey statement of 18 March 2018: http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_MEM...
Should you require additional information, in accordance with Article 6(2) of Regulation (EC) No 1049/2001 you are kindly invited to further specify the documents you are looking for.
TRANSPARENCY – ACCESS TO DOCUMENTS
EPRS | European Parliamentary Research Service Directorate for the Library
AccesDocs at ep dot europa dot eu