Olive oil market in Europe
Carmen Aguilar made this Informationsfreiheit request to Generaldirektion Landwirtschaft und ländliche Entwicklung
This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.
Dear Agriculture and Rural Development,
Under the right of access to documents in the EU treaties, as developed in Regulation 1049/2001, I am requesting documents which contain the following information regarding the olive oil consumption and market.
I need the figures from the last five years.
For each one of the 28 EU countries,
- the amount of olive oil consumed in tonnes
- the amount consumed by type of olive oil (extra virgin, virgin, ordinary, pomace)
- From which country the olive oil is imported and how much quantity from each one.
- the amount of olive oil imported in bulk and bottling
For each of the 28 EU countries,
- the amount of olive oil produced in tonnes, breaking down by type (extra virgin, virgin, ordinary, pomace)
- how much is exported and where
- price of purchase for each of the type above per tonnes or litter
- the amount of olive oil exported in bulk and bottling
I would be really thankful if you could send me the information electronically and in csv or xls.
If you feel that the request is too broad or vague, or that a response is not possible within a reasonable time frame, I would grateful if you contact me and provide assistance to how I could refine the request.
Dear Mrs Aguilar,
The information you request is already available on the following
1) On Europa: European Commission>Agriculture and rural development>
Olive oil> Olive oil production,
prices, balance sheets and trade data:
2) International Olive Council: Home > Areas of Activity > Economic:
We recommend to visit the page : World Olive Oil Figures:
All the available information on EU trade will be accessible here:
Of course, the use of this database requires some technical skills.
DG Agriculture and Rural Development
Unit G.4 Arable crops and olive oil
2 299 49 67