<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" /> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapelayout v:ext="edit"> <o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" /> </o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
Expditeur: "VAN GAEVER Alain (MOVE)" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 14 avril 2015 00:28:22 UTC+8
Destinataire: "DEPRE Claire (MOVE)" <email@example.com>
Cc: "ALFAYATE Maria (MOVE)" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "CARABIN Gilles (MOVE)" <email@example.com>
Objet: Summary meeting ACEA with JAM
Short summary of the meeting between ACEA and JAM
4 Topics on the agenda:
<![if !supportLists]> <![endif]>CO2 emissions
<![if !supportLists]> <![endif]>White Paper on Transport
<![if !supportLists]> <![endif]>Weights and Dimensions
<![if !supportLists]> <![endif]>ITS
On CO2 (probably took 80 % of the time)
- Market uptake of electric vehicles is low (0.5 % in EU). This because of acquisition cost + lack of re-charging infrastructure. ACEA asks for (harmonized) incentives + mentions that renewal of car fleet is key.
- EJ (Erik Jonnaert) mentioned ACEA sees a big role for ITS in reducing CO2 emissions (improving traffic flows). Will do a study on this together with ERTICO (Foreseen Sept 2015).
- ACEA is working with range of stakeholders to reduce CO2 emissions
White Paper on Transport
- Need to have common methodology to evaluate the effectiveness of each transport mode (currently road transport seems to be treated 'unequally')
Weights & Dimensions
- Philippe gave overview of expected timing.
- We are in implementation phase . Not much to report at this stage.
- ACEA stressed this as very important: 'This will change business models". Hence need to proceed carefully. "Finding balance" is key. "Avoid commoditizing vehicle manufacturers and giving business away to outsiders"
- Observation that difficult for industry to know which platform to follow. Refers to DG Connect i-Mobility platform. (I informed him we keep a close loop with CNECT (and other) colleagues and try to get the best person/DG to take the lead)
- Observation that ACEA not part of every task force. JAM responds explaining that they are part of 3 out of 4 TF. And that those are temporary anyway. And that in the past ACEA not always responded on time.
- Erik Jonnaert positions that he is here to understand if there are any problems at working level - if so - he wants to know about them - so he can address them. (He was informed that for now everything seems to be running more smoothly.)
- Erik Jonnaert
- Philipe Hamet
- Rolf Diemer
- Alain Van Gaever
Alain Van Gaever
Directorate-General for Mobility and Transport (DG MOVE)
Unit C3 - Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS)
(: +32 (0)2 295 39 09
ITS in DG MOVE: http://ec.europa.eu/transport/its/index_en.htm