Ref. Ares(2015)4648473 - 28/10/2015
Ref. Ares(2017)3665888 - 20/07/2017
Directorate-General for Trade
Directorate E - Neighbouring countries, USA and Canada USA and Canada
USA and Canada
Quick note - TABC meeting 20 May
Art. 4.1 b
A quick note of what was discussed with TABC ( Art. 4.1b
, Art. 4.1b
• They are working on a comms campaign with AmCham EU and the ERT. First
outputs expected very soon. The idea is for it to be open-source – they will send
materials to associate members in EU Member States, to be used and adapted to
the local context. They will translate when possible.
• It will include social media stuff. They would welcome any amplification we can
offer, though appreciate that's not necessarily our role (rather vice versa…)
• They also want to build a network of pro-TTIP speakers. Like us they often get
requests they do not have the capacity to manage, whether it's for travel reasons
or language or simply too many at once.
• Duration of the campaign depends partly on experience but current plan extends
to early next year.
• Separately, they are continuing their work with universities and student
associations. For example, European Young Liberals: http://www.lymec.eu/ -
who have started a TTIP Ghostbusting campaign:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9rCirXtFVQ
• They are also working with the Young Transatlanticists' association in Germany.
We discussed some of the potential pitfalls and challenges, and it sounds as though they
are well prepared. I asked them to keep us in the loop.
Outside the scope of the request
Hope this is useful
Art. 4.1 b
Commission européenne/Europese Commissie, 1049 Bruxelles/Brussel, BELGIQUE/BELGIË - Tel. +32 22991111