Bringing UK garden plants into spain

Response to this request is long overdue. By law, under all circumstances, European Environment Agency should have responded by now (details). You can complain by requesting an internal review.

Dear European Environment Agency,

Under the right of access to documents in the EU treaties, as developed in Regulation 1049/2001, I am requesting documents which contain the following information:

The legal restrictions that may exist concerning the movement of domestic garden plants such as cordelyne and roses from the UK to Spain. This is purely for personal pleasure in a private garden.

Yours faithfully,

Mrs Knight

Mette MÜLLER, European Environment Agency

Dear Mrs Knight,

Thank you for contacting the European Environment Agency (EEA). Your question is, however, beyond our working remit as the EEA neither sets nor enforces environmental legislation.
It is the Directorate-General for Health and Food Safety of the European Commission which regulates the movement of plants at European level.
You may also be able to get the advice you are looking for from the Animal and Plant Health Agency of the United Kingdom.

Hopefully you will find this information useful.

Kind regards

EEA Enquiry Service
Kongens Nytorv 6
1050 Copenhagen K, Denmark

show quoted sections

Dear Mette MÜLLER
Thank you for your response. I am enquiring with the apha as you suggested.

Yours sincerely,

H Knight