From: Lala Dadci
27 rue de Chartres, 75018 Paris
16 March 2020 RE: Access to Documents
Referring to Regulation (EC) No 1049/2001 on public access to EU documents and to the 'Aarhus Regulation' (see note), I would herewith like to ask for access to the minutes of the following meetings:
• 18/02/2020 between Commissioner Kadri Simson and The European Steel Association (EUROFER) on European Green Deal for the steel industry; clean energy technologies including hydrogen, renewables for clean steel production
• 14/02/2020 between Commissioner Kadri Simson and Shell Companies (Shell) on Energy policy priorities of the Commission, impact of the Green Deal on the energy sector and innovative solutions that would help the EU reach its climate and energy targets
• 13/02/2020 between Helena Hinto and European Energy Network (EnR) on Introduction of European Green Deal and 2020 energy initiatives
• 14/02/2020 between Laure Chapuis-Kombos and Shell Companies (Shell) on Energy policy priorities of the Commission, impact of the Green Deal on the energy sector and innovative solutions that would help the EU reach its climate and energy targets
• 18/02/2020 between Kitti Nyitrai, Stefano Grassi and The European Steel Association (EUROFER) on European Green Deal for the steel industry; clean energy technologies including hydrogen, renewables for clean steel production
• 02/03/2020 between Laure Chapuis-Kombos and ELECTRICITE DE FRANCE (EDF) on Green Deal, climate law, dialogues with 3rd countries, renewables.
• 17/12/2019 between Director-General Ditte Juul Jorgensen and International Association of Oil & Gas Producers (IOGP) on Green Deal, methane emissions and decarbonisation
• 18/12/2019 between Director-General Ditte Juul Jorgensen and Gas Infrastructure Europe (GIE) on Green Deal, methane emissions and decarbonisation
• 30/01/2020 between Director-General Ditte Juul Jorgensen and Gas Distributors for Sustainability (GD4S) on Green Deal and Renewable gas in Europe
• 31/01/2020 between Director-General Ditte Juul Jorgensen and European Chemical Industry Council (Cefic) on The role of the Energy Intensive Industries in the European Green Deal
• 04/02/2020 between Director-General Ditte Juul Jorgensen and Euroheat & Power (EHP) on Green Deal and the role of decarbonising heating and cooling)
• 20/02/2020 between Director-General Ditte Juul Jorgensen and Atlantic Council on EU -US energy cooperation and Energy Security in the context of the Green Deal
To the extent possible, we prefer the documents in electronic format. Documents that cannot be sent in electronic format should be sent to Lala Dadci 27 rue de Chartres, 75018 Paris
Should my request be denied wholly or partially, please explain the denial or all deletions referring to specific exemptions in the regulation. Also I expect the partial release of documents, in case of partial exemption according to article 4.6.
I reserve the right to appeal.
Please confirm having received this application. I look forward to your reply within 15 business days, according to the regulation.
Thank you for your assistance.
Your message has been received by the Transparency Unit of the
Secretariat-General of the European Commission.
Requests for public access to documents are treated on the basis of
Regulation (EC) No 1049/2001 of 30 May 2001 regarding public access to
European Parliament, Council and Commission documents.
The Secretariat-General will reply to your request within 15 working days
upon registration of your request and will duly inform you of the
registration of the request (or of any additional information to be
provided in view of its registration and/or treatment).
L’unité «Transparence» du secrétariat général de la Commission européenne
a bien reçu votre message.
Les demandes d’accès du public aux documents sont traitées sur la base du
règlement (CE) n° 1049/2001 du 30 mai 2001 relatif à l’accès du public
aux documents du Parlement européen, du Conseil et de la Commission.
Le secrétariat général répondra à votre demande dans un délai de 15 jours
ouvrables à compter de la date d’enregistrement de votre demande, et vous
informera de cet enregistrement (ou vous indiquera toute information
supplémentaire à fournir en vue de l'enregistrement et/ou du traitement de
Ihre Nachricht ist beim Referat „Transparenz“ des Generalsekretariats der
Europäischen Kommission eingegangen.
Anträge auf Zugang zu Dokumenten werden auf der Grundlage der
Verordnung (EG) Nr. 1049/2001 vom 30. Mai 2001 über den Zugang der
Öffentlichkeit zu Dokumenten des Europäischen Parlaments, des Rates und
der Kommission behandelt.
Das Generalsekretariat beantwortet Ihre Anfrage innerhalb von
15 Arbeitstagen nach deren Registrierung und wird Sie über die
Registrierung Ihres Antrags (oder die Notwendigkeit weiterer Informationen
im Hinblick auf dessen Registrierung und/oder Bearbeitung) unterrichten.
Ares(2020)1587416 - RE: access to documents request - EGD - ENERGY
-Minutes of meetings --- Ref. Gestdem 2020/1515
Sent by ve_sg.accessdoc (SG) <[DG ENER request email]>. All responses have
to be sent to this email address.
Envoyé par ve_sg.accessdoc (SG) <[DG ENER request email]>. Toutes les
réponses doivent être effectuées à cette adresse électronique.
Thank you for your e-mail dated 16/03/2020. We hereby acknowledge receipt
of your application for access to documents, which was registered on
16/03/2020 under reference number GestDem 2020/1515.
In accordance with Regulation (EC) No 1049/2001 regarding public access to
European Parliament, Council and Commission documents, your application
will be handled within 15 working days.
The time limit will expire on 06/04/2020. In case this time limit needs to
be extended, you will be informed in due course.
You have lodged your application via the AsktheEU.org website. Please note
that this is a private third-party website which has no link with any
institution of the European Union. Therefore, the European Commission
cannot be held accountable for any technical issues or problems linked to
the use of this system.
Please note that the private third party running the AsktheEU.org website
is responsible and accountable for the processing of your personal data
via that website, and not the European Commission. For further information
We understand that the third party running that website usually publishes
the content of applicants’ correspondence with the European Commission on
that website. This includes the personal data that you may have
communicated to the European Commission (e.g. your private postal
Similarly, the third party publishes on that website any reply that the
Commission will send to the email address of the applicants generated by
the AsktheEU.org website.
If you do not wish your correspondence with the European Commission to be
published on the AsktheEU.org website, you can provide us with an
alternative, private e-mail address for further correspondence.
In that case, the European Commission will send all future electronic
correspondence addressed to you only to that private address.
Access to documents team (rc)
Dear Ms Dadci,
We refer to your e-mail dated 16/03/2020 in which you make a request for
access to documents, registered on 14/03/2020 under the above mentioned
Your application is currently being handled. However, we will not be in a
position to complete the handling of your application within the time
limit of 15 working days, which expires on 06/04/2020.
An extended time limit is needed for thorough analysis as to the
availability of the document requested.
Therefore, we have to extend the time limit with 15 working days in
accordance with Article 7(3) of Regulation (EC) No 1049/2001 regarding
public access to documents. The new time limit expires on 30/04/2020.
We apologise for this delay and for any inconvenience this may cause.
DG ENERGY – Access to documents team
Email: [email address]
2. mailto:[email address]
Dear Ms Dadci,
Please find attached the reply letter to your e-mail dated 16/03/2020 in which you make a request for access to documents, registered on 16/03/2020 under the above mentioned reference number.
According to standard operational procedure, the reply is usually also sent to you by registered post. Please note, however, that due to the extraordinary health and security measures currently in force during to the COVID-19 epidemics, which include the requirement for all Commission non-critical staff to telework, we are unfortunately not in a position to follow this procedure until further notice.
We would therefore appreciate if you could confirm receipt of the present e-mail by replying to [email address].
DG ENERGY – Access to documents team
Email: [email address]