Entry Visa to Spain for Non-EU wife of British Citizen

This request has been withdrawn by the person who made it. There may be an explanation in the correspondence below.

Dear Migration and Home Affairs,

Under the right of access to documents in the EU treaties, as developed in Regulation 1049/2001, I am requesting documents which contain the following information:

The Spanish authorities require registration of a marriage in the country of the EU citizen prior to granting a visa for entry of a Non-EU spouse.

The British FCO maintain that such a register does not exist, and that a certificate of a legally contracted marriage should suffice in visa applications.

A European Commission Services evaluation study was begun in April 2015.

I am requesting reports issued to date, and contact details for those conducting the evaluation.

Yours faithfully,

Christopher Whewell

EC ARES NOREPLY, Migration and Home Affairs

[1]Ares(2016)1432526 - RE: Freedom of Information request - Entry Visa to
Spain for Non-EU wife of British Citizen

Sent by HOME ACCESS DOCUMENTS <[DG HOME request email]>. All
responses have to be sent to this email address.
Envoyé par HOME ACCESS DOCUMENTS <[DG HOME request email]> .
Toutes les réponses doivent être effectuées à cette adresse électronique.

Dear Mr Whewell,

Thank you for your request for access to documents.

Unfortunately you have not indicated your postal address that is required
for registering and handling your request in line with the procedural
requirements. Please send us your full postal address at your earliest
convenience. Pending your reply, we reserve the right to refuse the
registration of your request.

You may, of course, use directly the electronic form for entering your

Best regards,
European Commission
DG Migration and Home Affairs
Access to Documents Team

show quoted sections

Pau Salarich left an annotation ()

This request has been redirected: