From: Belen Balanya, Corporate Europe Observatory
Rue d’Edimbourg 26, 1050 Brussels.
13 February 2020 RE: Access to Documents
Referring to Regulation (EC) No 1049/2001 on public access to EU documents and to the 'Aarhus Regulation' (see note), I would herewith like to ask for access to the minutes of the following meetings:
• 09/01/20 between Commissioner Timmermans and OSEPI on the Green Deal and external relations
• 16/01/20 between Commissioner Timmermans and VDA on the EGD: challenges and opportunities for the automotive industry
• 20/01/20 between Commissioner Timmermans and Google on opportunities and responsibility of digital technology for Green Deal
• 21/01/20 between Commissioner Timmermans and Jeremy Rifkin Enterprises on the Green Deal
• 23/01/20 between Commissioner Timmermans and Coca Cola on the Green Deal and sustainability (in Davos)
• 23/01/20 between Commissioner Timmermans and General Electric on the European Green Deal and renewable energy (in Davos)
• 23/01/20 between Commissioner Timmermans and Shell on the European Green Deal and its implementation (in Davos)
• 23/01/20 between Commissioner Timmermans and Unilever and IKEA on Opportunities and collaboration on the European Green Deal (in Davos)
• 23/01/20 between Commissioner Timmermans and Volkswagen on the European Green Deal challenges and opportunities for the automotive industry (in Davos)
• 23/01/20 between Commissioner Timmermans and Apple on Opportunities and collaboration on the Green Deal (in Davos)
• 28/01/20 between Commissioner Timmermans and the European House-Ambrosetti on the European Green Deal
• 29/01/20 between Commissioner Timmermans CSR Europe on Sustainable development and industry
• 29/01/20 between Commissioner Timmermans and EUROFER on the Steel sector and the Green Deal
• 31/01/20 between Commissioner Timmermans and IMPALA on Efforts to green the industry and raise climate awareness
• 31/01/20 between Commissioner Timmermans and ACEA on the Green Deal and car industry
• 03/12/19 between Diederik Samsom and the ERT on the Speech on the EGD at the ERT energy transition and climate change working group
• 10/12/19 between Diederik Samson and Hydrogen Europe on hydrogen in Europe
• 12/12/19 between Lukas Visek and COPA on the Green Deal and agriculture
• 17/12/19 between Lukas Visek and FNSEA on Green Deal and agriculture
• 18/12/19 between Daniel Mes and ACEA on the Green Deal and car industry
• 07/01/20 between Antoine Colombani, Diederik Samson and BASF on the European Green Deal and industry
• 08/01/20 between Diederik Samson and ArceIorMittal on European Green Deal and industry
• 09/01/20 between Diederik Samson, Stefanie Hiesinger and BDI on the European Green Deal and industry
• 13/01/20 between Diederik Samson and CEFIC on the European Green Deal
• 16/01/20 between Daniel Mes and Google on Digital aspects of the Green Deal
• 16/01/20 between Daniel Mes Warstila corporation on Green Deal and industrial strategy
• 20/01/20 between Aleksandra Tomczak and Eurogas on the Challenges and goals for the gas sector on the way to EU climate neutrality
• 21/01/20 between Diederik Samson and Eurelectric on the European Green Deal
• 22/01/20 between Lukas Visek and LTO Nederland on the discussion on the role of farmers in the Green Deal
• 22/01/20 between Daniel Mes and FTAI on the Green Deal and road transport
• 22/01/20 between Daniel Mes and Scania AB on the Green Deal and the truck industry
• 22/01/20 between Daniel Mes and Bertlesmann on the Digital aspects of the Green Deal
• 22/01/20 between Diederik Samson and Orsted A/S on the European Green Deal
• 24/01/20 between Lukas Visek and the Dutch Produce Association on the Discussion on the role of the fruits and vegeables sector in the green deal
• 27/01/20 between Antoine Colombani and Agora Energiewende on the discussion on the European Green Deal and Industry
• 27/01/20 between Diederik Samson and Bloomberg on the European Green Deal
• 28/01/20 between Aleksandra Tomczak and PGE on the Decarbonisation in Poland and climate neutrality
• 29/01/20 between Diederik Samson and EBC on the Speech on the European Green Deal and renovation wave at the EBC construction sector lunch
• 30/01/20 between Diederik Samson and UFE on the Speech on the EGD at the UFE Internal European seminar
• 30/01/20 between Daniel Mes and Bureau Brussels Consulting on The Green Deal and the ICT sector
• 03/02/20 between Diederik Samson and Ecopreneur.eu on the Green Deal and circular economy
• 03/02/20 between Diederik Samsom and Navigant Netherlands BV on the European Green Deal
• 04/02/20 between Diederik Samson and ESO and EBU on the European Green Deal
• 05/02/20 between Diederik Samson and Royal Schiphol Group, Heathrow Airport Holdings, Neste, Shell and World Economic Forum on the European Green Deal
• 12/02/20 between Antoine Colombani and JEDI on the Green Deal and Innovation
I would like to make clear I prefer you produce the documents on a rolling basis.
At no point should the Commission’s search for—or deliberations concerning—certain documents delay the production of others that the Commission has already retrieved and elected to produce.
To the extent possible, we prefer the documents in electronic format. Documents that cannot be sent in electronic format should be sent to Corporate Europe Observatory, Rue d’Edimbourg 26, 1050 Brussels.
Should my request be denied wholly or partially, please explain the denial or all deletions referring to specific exemptions in the regulation. Also I expect the partial release of documents, in case of partial exemption according to article 4.6.
I reserve the right to appeal.
Please confirm having received this application. I look forward to your reply within 15 business days, according to the regulation.
Thank you for your assistance.
Corporate Europe Observatory
Thank you for your e-mail dated 13 February 2020. We hereby acknowledge
receipt of your application for access to documents, which was registered
on 21 February 2020 under reference number GestDem 2020/1039.
In accordance with Regulation (EC) No 1049/2001 regarding public access to
European Parliament, Council and Commission documents, your application
will be handled within 15 working days. The time limit will expire on 13
March 2020. In case this time limit needs to be extended, you will be
informed in due course.
You have lodged your application via the AsktheEU.org website. Please note
that this is a private website which has no link with any institution of
the European Union. Therefore the European Commission cannot be held
accountable for any technical issues or problems linked to the use of this
Please note also that the European Commission is not responsible for any
possible processing of personal data by the private organisation running
the AsktheEU.org website, through which you have channelled your request.
Access to Documents team
Directorate-General for Climate Action
Av. de Beaulieu 24