Dear European Border and Coast Guard Agency,
Under the right of access to documents in the EU treaties, as developed in Regulation 1049/2001, I am requesting documents which contain the following information:
- Annual reports on Operation Themis (2018-2021);
- Any official document on Operation Themis sent to Frontex by the Italian authorities involved in the project since 2018;
- A list of all meetings and/or calls held by Frontex or the European Union Border Assistance Mission in Libya with Italian authorities during which “Themis” and/or “Italian border security” and/or “border surveillance in Italy” and/or “border technology” were discussed;
- all documents prepared for the purpose of the meetings issued both in preparation and after the meetings took place;
- any document/minutes/report related to Frontex missions' in Rome to visit Italian Police/authorities since 2018;
- any bilateral agreement between Italy and other EU countries or non-EU countries within the Themis Operation;
- all correspondence, including attachments (i.e. any emails, mail correspondence or telephone call notes) between Frontex or the European Union Border Assistance Mission in Libya and the Italian Police discussing “Themis” and/or “Italian Border Security” and/or “Border technology” and/or “Border surveillance in Italy”.
To the extent possible, I prefer the documents in electronic format.
Should my request be denied wholly or partially, I kindly request to explain the denial or all redactions referring to specific exemptions in the regulation. Also I would expect the partial release of documents, in case of partial exemption according to article 4.6.
New information regarding your application is available under this link
Email: [FOI #11591 email]
Case Id: PAD-2022-00255
Please be informed that the link is valid until Wednesday, 18 September
European Border and Coast Guard Agency
Plac Europejski 6, 00-844 Warsaw, Poland
Tel: +48 22 205 9500 · Fax: +48 22 205 9501
DISCLAIMER: This e-mail message, including any attachments, cannot be
construed as automatically constituting any form of commitment by Frontex
, unless its contents clearly indicate otherwise. It is intended solely
for the use of the addressee(s). Any unauthorised disclosure, use or
dissemination, either in whole or in part, is prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately via
e-mail and delete the e-mail from your system.