Ref. Ares(2018)4147635 - 07/08/2018
mercoledì 10 agosto 2016 10:26
WFP milk scheme - update
As agreed in the past, please find here below an update on the implementation of the UHT milk operation inside
Everything is moving according to plan.
……………………………………………. Status of finalization of product specifications
Product specifications were finalized in the beginning of June, and the tenders were issued shortly thereafter based
on the agreed upon specifications.
All designs have been approved, and everything is cleared from WFP for the two suppliers for both the tetra pack
containers and the carton boxes. Finalized on 19 July 2016. Brief overview of tendering process and country of origin
· The first tender was issued on 8 June covering the requirement for the months of September to November
2016. A total of nine companies from the approved vendor list were invited, and two companies were awarded
- Hoogwegt, Netherlands - Trader (producer is Lactogal based in Portugal),
- Glanbia, Ireland;
· The second tender was finalized during the last week of July for the quantity covering the period December
2016 to January 2017. A total of ten companies were invited to tender, and the contracted was awarded to one
- Hoogwegt, Netherlands - Trader (producer is Lactogal based in Portugal)
· Consequently, the countries of origin for the first tender will be Portugal and Ireland and for the second tender
it will be Portugal Supply chain
The first batch is expected to be delivered to Syria in September in time for the school start in September.