Under the right of access to documents in the EU treaties, as developed in Regulation 1049/2001, I am requesting documents which contain the following information:
1) All correspondence, including emails, sent and received since 20/03/2016, between the Commissioner for Energy, his cabinet, his officials, any other representatives of DG Energy, and representatives from Shell.
2) List of meetings, including the meeting’s minutes, since 20/03/2016, between officials and representatives of DG Energy and representatives from Shell.
3) All documentation relating to the meetings between Shell and Director-General, Dominique Ristori, on December 8th 2016 and September 26th 2016. This should include all email correspondence, attendance lists, agendas, background papers, minutes/notes.
4) All documentation relating to the meeting between Shell and Vice-President of the Energy Union, Maroš Šefčovič, on February 27th 2017. This should include all email correspondence, attendance lists, agendas, background papers, minutes/notes.
5) All documentation relating to the meeting between Shell and Bernd Biervert on February 17th 2017. This should include all email correspondence, attendance lists, agendas, background papers, minutes/notes.
6) Details of any representative of Shell’s response to the consultation “Preparation of a new Renewable Energy Directive for the period after 2020”, which closed February 10th 2016.
Could you please produce the documents on a rolling basis. I would prefer the Commission’s search and deliberations concerning particular documents, not delay the production of documents the Commissions has already retrieved and decided to produce.
Should my request be denied wholly or partially, please explain the denial or all deletions referring to specific exemptions in the regulation. Also I expect the partial release of documents, in case of partial exemption according to article 4.6.
Please confirm having received this application. I look forward to your reply within 15 business days, according to the regulation.
40 Bermondsey Street
Dear Ms Rojas,
Thank you for your request dated 20/03/2017.
We hereby acknowledge receipt of your application for access to documents,
which was registered on 21/03/2017 under reference number GestDem
In accordance with Regulation (EC) No 1049/2001 regarding public access to
European Parliament, Council and Commission documents, your application
will be handled within 15 working days. The time limit will expire on
In case this time limit needs to be extended, you will be informed in due
ACCESS TO DOCUMENTS TEAM
Unit B4 - Transparency
Dear Mr O'Neill,
Your application for access to documents, registered under the above
mentioned reference number, is currently being handled. However, we are
not in a position to complete the handling of your application within the
time limit of 15 working days, which expires on 11/04/2017.
An extended time limit is needed for thorough analysis as to the
availability of the documents requested.
Therefore, we have to extend the time limit with 15 working days in
accordance with Article 7(3) of Regulation (EC) No 1049/2001 regarding
public access to documents. The new time limit expires on 08/05/2017.
We apologise for this delay and for any inconvenience this may cause.
ENER ACCES DOCUMENTS Team
+32 2 298 17 47
Dear Mr O’Neill,
Thank you for your access to documents request of 20 March 2017, which was
registered on 21 March 2017 under reference GestDem No 2017/1771. Please
find attached a letter in response to your application, the identified
documents, the list of documents.
Head of Unit
Internal Energy Market
Unit B4 – Security of Supply
Rue de Mot 24
+32 2 296 58 80
2. mailto:[email address]