Documents relating to stakeholder contacts on EU investment policy
Pia Eberhardt made this acceso a documentos request to Comercio
This request has been closed to new correspondence. Contact us if you think it should be reopened.
Dear Madams and Sirs,
Under the right of access to documents in the EU treaties, as developed in Regulation 1049/2001, I would like to request:
1) a list of meetings of DG Trade officials and/or representatives (including the Commissioner and her Cabinet) and representatives of individual companies and/or industry federations such as BusinessEurope, the European Services Forum (ESF), the Federation of German Industries (BDI) and/or law firms such as Freshfields, White & Case, Herbert Smith and Sidley, in which the EU's foreign investment policy was discussed (since March 2017). The list should include the names of the individuals and organisations attending; the date; and any agendas / minutes / notes produced;
2) minutes and other reports of these meetings;
3) all correspondence (including emails) between DG Trade officials and/or representatives (including the Commissioner and her Cabinet) and representatives of companies, business associations and law firms, in which the EU's foreign investment policy was discussed (since March 2017).
I would appreciate if you could take the Code of Good Administrative Behaviour into account when considering section 1 of this request.
I would be very grateful if you would release documents when they are retrieved, rather than waiting until the full reply is ready.
As this was an issue in previous requests, allow me to specify what I mean by "EU foreign investment policy" in my request:
* EU negotiations of investment protection provisions, for example, with Canada, Japan, Singapore, China, the ASEAN countries and Mexico
* the Multilateral Investment Court project
* the EU's role in the Energy Charter Treaty (ECT)
* the ECJ's Achmea ruling from April 2018 and its implications
I look forward to hearing from you.
Rue d’Edimbourg 26
Dear Ms Eberhardt,
Thank you for your letter e-mail dated 02/10/2018. We hereby acknowledge
receipt of your application for access to documents, which was registered
today under reference number GestDem 2018/5134.
In accordance with Regulation (EC) No 1049/2001 regarding public access to
European Parliament, Council and Commission documents, your application
will be handled within 15 working days. The time limit will expire on
23/10/2018. In case this time limit needs to be extended, you will be
informed in due course.
You have lodged your application via the AsktheEU.org website. Please note
that this is a private website which has no link with any institution of
the European Union. Therefore the European Commission cannot be held
accountable for any technical issues or problems linked to the use of this
Please note also that the European Commission is not responsible for any
possible processing of personal data by the private organisation running
the AsktheEU.org website, through which you have channelled your request.
Access to Documents team
Dear Ms Eberhardt,
We refer to your request for access to documents registered on 02/10/2018
under the reference number GestDem 2018/5134.
Your application is currently being handled. However, due to the heavy
workload on a large number of requests, we will not be in a position to
complete the handling of your application within the time limit of 15
working days, which expires today on 23/10/2018.
Therefore, we have to extend the time limit with 15 working days in
accordance with Article 7(3) of Regulation (EC) No 1049/2001 regarding
public access to documents. The new time limit expires on 15/11/2018.
We apologise for this delay and for any inconvenience this may cause.
Access to Documents Team
Veuillez trouver ci-joint le document Ares(2018)6067045 concernant "[Re] GESTDEM 2018/5134 - Demande initiale" envoyé par M DEMARTY Jean-Luc le 27/11/2018.
Please find attached document Ares(2018)6067045 regarding "[Re] GESTDEM 2018/5134 - Demande initiale" sent by Mr DEMARTY Jean-Luc on 27/11/2018.
Note: This e-mail was automatically generated by the European Commission's central mail registration system.
Replies by e-mail must be addressed to the original sender DEMARTY Jean-Luc (mailto:[email address]).
Remarque : Cet e-mail a été généré automatiquement par le système d'enregistrement central du courrier de la Commission européenne.
Toute réponse éventuelle par e-mail doit être adressée à l'expéditeur en personne, à savoir DEMARTY Jean-Luc (mailto:[email address]).