Dear Agriculture and Rural Development,
Under the right of access to documents in the EU treaties, as developed in Regulation 1049/2001, I am requesting documents which contain the following information regarding the olive oil consumption and market.
I need the figures from the last five years.
For each one of the 28 EU countries,
- the amount of olive oil consumed in tonnes
- the amount consumed by type of olive oil (extra virgin, virgin, ordinary, pomace)
- From which country the olive oil is imported and how much quantity from each one.
- the amount of olive oil imported in bulk and bottling
For each of the 28 EU countries,
- the amount of olive oil produced in tonnes, breaking down by type (extra virgin, virgin, ordinary, pomace)
- how much is exported and where
- price of purchase for each of the type above per tonnes or litter
- the amount of olive oil exported in bulk and bottling
I would be really thankful if you could send me the information electronically and in csv or xls.
If you feel that the request is too broad or vague, or that a response is not possible within a reasonable time frame, I would grateful if you contact me and provide assistance to how I could refine the request.
Dear Mrs Aguilar,
The information you request is already available on the following
1) On Europa: European Commission>Agriculture and rural development>
Olive oil> Olive oil production,
prices, balance sheets and trade data:
2) International Olive Council: Home > Areas of Activity > Economic:
We recommend to visit the page : World Olive Oil Figures:
All the available information on EU trade will be accessible here:
Of course, the use of this database requires some technical skills.
DG Agriculture and Rural Development
Unit G.4 Arable crops and olive oil
2 299 49 67