Dear Agriculture and Rural Development,
Under the right of access to documents in the EU treaties, as developed in Regulation 1049/2001, I am requesting documents which contain the following information:
1) Commission letter of 26 April 2018 to the Agriculture Ministers inviting all Member States to renew their efforts to make appropriate arrangements to comply with the requirements of Regulation (EC) No 1/2005 on the protection of animals during transport
2) Reply to this letter from Denmark
3) Reply to this letter from Germany
4) Commission letter of 16 July 2018 to the Chief Veterinary Officers of all Member States asking them to indicate what actions have been or are now being taken to ensure that the transport of animals through this border is compliant with the requirements of Regulation (EC) No 1/2005, in particular concerning high temperatures.
5) Any replies from member states to the 16 July letter
All the best,
Rue Montoyer 18B
Ares(2018)4262092 - access to documents request - Protection of animals
during transport --- Ref. Gestdem 2018/4407
Sent by ve_sg.accessdoc (SG) <[email address]>. All responses have
to be sent to this email address.
Envoyé par ve_sg.accessdoc (SG) <[email address]>. Toutes les
réponses doivent être effectuées à cette adresse électronique.
Thank you for your e-mail dated 13/08/2018. We hereby acknowledge receipt
of your application for access to documents, which was registered on
16/08/2018 under reference number GestDem 2018/4407 and attributed to DG
In accordance with Regulation (EC) No 1049/2001 regarding public access to
European Parliament, Council and Commission documents, your application
will be handled within 15 working days. The time limit will expire on
In case this time limit needs to be extended, you will be informed in due
You have lodged your application via the AsktheEU.org website. Please note
that this is a private website, which has no link with any institution of
the European Union. Therefore, the European Commission cannot be held
accountable for any technical issues or problems linked to the use of this
Please note also that the European Commission is not responsible for any
possible processing of personal data by the private organisation running
the AsktheEU.org website, through which you have channelled your request.
Dear Mr TEFFER,
We refer to your request of access to document Gestdem 2018/4407.
We would like to inform you that the procedure for approving the letter in
reply to your request has been launched.
We estimate that you will receive a reply by the beginning of next week.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause,
SANTE ACCESS TO DOCUMENTS
Health and Food Safety
Dear Mr Teffer,
Please find enclosed our letter ref. Ares(2018)4795573, of 18 September
2018 regarding your application for access to documents registered under
reference number GestDem 2018/4407.
The original letter is sent by registered mail with acknowledgment of
receipt as requested by the procedures.
SANTE ACCESS TO DOCUMENTS