IT Users Subgroup meeting
11th October, 2018, EDPB premises, 30 Rue Montoyer, 1000 Brussels
1. General information and adoption of the agenda
The agenda was adopted.
The coordinators shared with the subgroup information on:
- EDPB IMI Helpdesk and number of helpdesk requests;
- Monitoring of the system done by the EDPB IMI Helpdesk as result of the Plenary decision giving
access to the cooperation procedures of the IMI;
- Preliminary findings on common problems concerning different procedures and the possible work of
the Cooperation subgroup on some procedural issues, including check lists and translations;
- Secretariat’s intention to prepare analysis of identified problems for next the subgroup meeting;
- Statistics which will be regularly shared with users;
- Tips and practical solutions concerning use of different workflows will be provided by the Secretariat
and added in a separate part/chapter of the User Guide.
2. IMI - Changes proposed by SAs
The procedure on the change management in IMI was presented by the Secretariat and DG GROW,
3. IMI - Proposals of the new workflows
GDPR Consultation - a demonstration of the GDPR Consultation proposal in IMI was given and
members provided their comments on the workflow, including necessity and usability of such
workflow. The possibility of a trial period in the training environment was discussed as well.
The data structure for GDPR consultation workflow will be updated after receiving written
feedback from SAs.
Written Procedure - demonstration of the GDPR Consultation proposal in IMI was given and
its implications discussed and members provided their comments on the workflow, including
necessity and usability of such workflow. The question of visibility of voting records of each
SA was discussed as well.
asked to have a separate field on EEA positions.
4. IMI - Data structure of the meeting register
A brief explanation of the data structure of the meeting register which should replace CIRCABC was
provided. Due to lack of time the data structure was not discussed in details and members were asked
to provide written contributions. Demonstration of new workflow will be done during next subgroup
5. Law Enforcement Directive
6. Other IT tools to be used by the EDPB
Collaboration tool - An overview about a potential solution for an EDPB collaboration tool
(Confluence, provided by the Commission) was presented including the features. Further
information to be presented at the next subgroup.
Videoconferencing system - An overview about a potential solution for EDPB video
conferencing (CISCO Jabber, provided by the European Parliament) was presented including
the features and problems encountered during testing phase. The Secretariat will do further
investigation and present further information at the next subgroup.
7. Any Other Business
During the next subgroup meeting, SAs may share their internal organisation, distribution of roles and
best practices on their IMI use. Before the next subgroup meeting, the Secretariat will ask SAs to
volunteer for such presentation.
The next Subgroups will take place on the 17th January and 23rd May 2019.
8. To-do/Next steps
Secretariat to provide written information about: Allocation
in the context of request
workflows and procedure to be used to send documents to LSA
GDPR Consultation data structure
- all remaining comments and feedback to be provided to
the Secretariat by the 19th October
Written Procedure data structure form
- all remaining comments and feedback to be
provided to the Secretariat by the 19th October
including feedback on the visibility of voting
records of each SA
Meeting Register data structure form
- all remaining comments and feedback to be provided
to the Secretariat by the 19th October
Any other enhancements and feedback
to be sent to the EDPB IMI Helpdesk
using the new Change Request form distributed before the
Annex: Attendance List SAs:
AT, BE, BG, CZ, DE, DK, GR, ES, FI, FR, HU, IE, IT, LU, NL, PL, PT, RO, SI, SK, UK, EDPS
- European Commission
- EDPB Secretariat