Under the right of access to documents in the EU treaties, as developed in Regulation 1049/2001, I am requesting documents which contain the following information:
1) All correspondence, including emails, sent and received since 01/05/2016, between the Commissioner for Energy, his cabinet, his officials, any other representatives of DG Energy, and representatives from FuelsEurope.
2) List of meetings, including the meeting’s minutes, since 01/05/2016, between officials and representatives of DG Energy and representatives from FuelsEurope.
3) All documentation relating to the meetings between FuelsEurope and Director-General, Dominique Ristori, on April 21st 2017 and June 10th 2016. This should include all email correspondence, attendance lists, agendas, background papers, minutes/notes.
Could you please produce the documents on a rolling basis. I would prefer the Commission’s search and deliberations concerning particular documents, not delay the production of documents the Commissions has already retrieved and decided to produce.
Should my request be denied wholly or partially, please explain the denial or all deletions referring to specific exemptions in the regulation. Also I expect the partial release of documents, in case of partial exemption according to article 4.6.
Please confirm having received this application. I look forward to your reply within 15 business days, according to the regulation.
Apologies, I forgot to add my address, which is 40 Bermondsey Street, London, SE1 3UD.
Dear M. Collins,
Thank you for your e-mail dated 12/07/2017. We hereby acknowledge
receipt of your application for access to documents, which was registered
on 13/07/2017 under GESTDEM 2017/4108 reference.
In accordance with Regulation (EC) No 1049/2001 regarding public access to
European Parliament, Council and Commission documents, your application
will be handled within 15 working days. The time limit will expire on
In case this time limit needs to be extended, you will be informed in due
You have lodged your application via the AsktheEU.org website. Please note
that this is a private website which has no link with any institution of
the European Union. Therefore the European Commission cannot be held
accountable for any technical issues or problems linked to the use of this
ACCESS TO DOCUMENTS TEAM
Unit B4 - Transparency
We refer to your e-mail dated 12/07/2017 in which you make a request for
access to documents, registered on 13/07/2017 under reference number
Your application is currently being handled. However, we will not be in a
position to complete the handling of your application within the time
limit of 15 working days, which expires on 04/08/2017.
An extended time limit is needed as your application is likely to concern
a large number of documents and, because of the holiday period, it is
difficult to contact all colleagues who might have such documents at their
Moreover, part of the documents requested originate from a third party
which have to be consulted.
Therefore, we have to extend the time limit with 15 working days in
accordance with Article 7(3) of Regulation (EC) No 1049/2001 regarding
public access to documents. The new time limit expires on 28/08/2017.
We apologise for this delay and for any inconvenience this may cause.
As far as your second point is concerned, please let me draw your
attention that – in accordance with Regulation (EC) No 1049/2001 – we can
only grant access to existing documents and we do not have a list of
meetings between DG Energy officials and FuelsEurope representatives. As
you certainly know, the meetings held by the Commissioner for Climate
Action and Energy, members of his Cabinet and the Director-General for
Energy are published in the transparency register:
· Meetings held by the Commissioner:
· Meetings held by the members of the Cabinet of the Commissioner:
· Meetings held by the Director-General:
· Yours faithfully,
· ENER ACCES DOCUMENTS Team
+32 2 29 80503