Setting up of the Group of Personalities on Defence Research
Bram Vranken a fait une demande de Accès à l'information à Marché intérieur, Industrie, Entrepreneuriat et PME
This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.
Dear Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs,
I am writing on behalf of Vredesactie, a Member of the European Network Against Arms Trade ("ENAAT"), to exercise my rights under Regulation 1049/2001 to request access to documents as detailed below. As a Member of ENAAT, Vredesactie is actively involved in ensuring transparency within the EU institutions' defence and security policy-making process.
It is publicly known that Ms Elżbieta Bieńkowska, Commissioner for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs, and her Cabinet were involved in the setting up of the Group of Personalities on Defence Research ("Group of Personalities").
With the above in mind, I hereby respectfully request access to:
All documents held by Ms Bieńkowska and her Cabinet containing information relating to the setting up and establishment of Group of Personalities, including those providing information on:
1. The reasons for setting up the Group of Personalities;
2. Factors considered relevant for determining the composition of the Group of Personalities;
3. Criteria defined and/or applied for the identification and/or selection of members of the Group of Personalities (or rejection of potential members);
4. The process for appointing members to the Group of Personalities;
5. Actors (apart from Member State and EU institution actors) approached in relation to the setting up the Group of Personalities; and
6. Actual or proposed or contemplated meetings with actors (apart from Member State and EU institution actors) in relation to the setting up of the Group of Personalities or some other type of interaction which is recorded in a document (e.g. invitation documents, documents requesting information from actual or potential candidates).
I am seeking documents on the setting up of the Group of Personalities to have a better understanding of how the Commission approached the question of seeking input on the very important question of EU defence policy. In particular, it is important to understand how the influence of the arms industry and other non-governmental special interests were taken into account and balanced with the other civil society needs.
Thank you for your consideration in this matter. Please let us know if you have any questions.
On behalf of Vredesactie
Tel. +32 (0) 3 281 68 39
Mobile: +32 497 13 14 64
Dear Mr Vranken,
Thank you for your e-mail dated 28/01/2019.
We would like to inform you that this request will be dealt by DG GROW under GestDem nr. 2019/0523, already registered by Secretariat General on 28/01/2019, as both requests, that you addressed to DG GROW and SG, are identical. In accordance with Regulation (EC) No 1049/2001 regarding public access to European Parliament, Council and Commission documents, your application will be handled within 15 working days. The time limit will expire on 18/02/2019. In case this time limit needs to be extended, you will be informed in due course.
Thank you and with our best regards,
DG GROW – Access to documents team
Directorate-General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs
DG GROW/03 – Strategic Planning and Delivery Unit