Training policy for staff members

La demande est réussie.

Dear Human Resources and Security (HR),

Under the right of access to documents in the EU treaties, as developed in Regulation 1049/2001, I am requesting documents which contain the following information:

1. Documents related to “Study Support Scheme” provided to member staff within the Training Policy of your institution similar to the Scheme provided by Fundamental Rights Agency (FRA) to its staff accessible from here at point 6.4 and here and in the other relevant documents accessible from here

2. Information if the first university studies, i.e first one after high school, are reimbursed by your institution.

3. How many staff of your institution are STUDENTS at EU Universities similar to the one mentioned by FRA here

4. How many such STUDENTS of your institution benefit of the Reimbursement Scheme for their University Studies , Master Studies and PhD Studies, similarly to the Scheme applied by FRA and mentioned here at point 6.4.

5. Decision by your institution`s Governing Board for granting reimbursement of individual University Studies, Master Studies and PhD Studies to your staff. If this Decision is not under competence of Governing Board, I request access to the decisions by Appointing Authority (Director).

6. Recommendations, opinions or any other relevant documents containing the position of Staff Committee of your institution on the “Study Support Scheme” for individual studies in form of university, master and PhD studies.

7. How your institution ensure the equal treatment within the promotion exercise and recruitment procedures, when in the Promotion list or Recruitment list appears STAFF –STUDENTS and REGULAR STAFF (i.e. staff having their university, master of PhD studies completed at the date of recruitment).

This is not part of Request I submit under Regulation 1049/2001, but I would very much appreciate to have your opinion on these questions:
a) Do you consider legal and in line with EU Legislation to assimilate training with individual studies in form of University studies, Master studies and Phd studies?
b) Do you consider legal to pay such individual studies from Public Budget? Are you aware of some specific provisions for such payments? (I could not find such rules).
c) Do you consider fair and equal that some of staff have this opportunity to be paid from EU Public budget (so from taxpayers money) for their university, master and PhdD studies and some of staff do not have this opportunity, because they simply do not need such study-payments (having all their studies completed).

Thank you in advance for your kind cooperation.

Yours faithfully,

Kurt Weiss

EC ARES NOREPLY, Ressources humaines et sécurité

2 Attachments

Dear Mr Weiss,

Please find attached document Ares(2013)3131767 concerning "Your request for access to documents - N° Réf. Gestdem 2013-4504" sent by Mr/Ms COLLINS Stephen on 30/09/2013.

Best regards,

HR B3 Learning & Development

Note: This e-mail was automatically generated by the European Commission's central mail registration system.
Replies by e-mail must be addressed to the original sender COLLINS Stephen (mailto:[email address]).
Remarque : Cet e-mail a été généré automatiquement par le système d'enregistrement central du courrier de la Commission européenne.
Toute réponse éventuelle par e-mail doit être adressée à l'expéditeur en personne, à savoir COLLINS Stephen (mailto:[email address]).